NOTICE OF AVAILABLE POSITION
POSTING DATE: July 21, 2021 – August 4, 2021 (or until filled)
POSITION: Childcare Assistant – Wilma Valentine Childcare
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate. Ohio Department of Education Aide Permit or willingness to obtain. Successful completion of a physical, BCI/FBI background check and multiple database background checks as defined by ODODD Rule 5123-2-02. Must be physically capable to lift, carry, and move children in a safe manner.
- Assist in the daily personal care of children enrolled in the childcare program.
- Implement and modify plans for children related to their individual needs.
- Assist in keeping records and documentation.
- Maintain discipline and child accountability on school/childcare grounds and on excursions in the community.
- Assist in developing and implementing instructional and recreational activities and daily routines for children.
- Interact and communicate with families at arrival and dismissal to assist with transition.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Maintain professional ethics in keeping with the confidentiality of information and materials.
- Demonstrate support of the program philosophy, policies, and procedures.
HOURS: Full-time Permanent – 12 month position Monday through Friday – 7.5 hours per day
SALARY: $10.08 to $13.90 per hour based on experience.
Benefits include Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); medical, dental, vision and life insurance; paid sick, vacation, and personal leave.
CONTACT: To be considered, please notify the Board of DD of your interest via cover letter & resume and/or electronic application:
1. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Lisa Brady @ Shelby County Board of DD, 1200 S. Childrens Home Rd., Sidney, OH 45365; firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Visit www.shelbydd.org, click on EMPLOYMENT, click on APPLY ONLINE TODAY, complete the information in full and submit electronically to the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider