NOTICE OF AVAILABLE POSITION
POSTING DATE: July 6, 2020 until filled
POSITION: Childcare Assistant (part-time/28 hrs per week)- Wilma Valentine Childcare
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate. Ohio Department of Education Aide Permit or willingness to obtain the same. Successful completion of a pre-employment physical, BCI/FBI, Abuser Registry, Nurses Registry, Exclusions List, Sex Offender, U.S. General Services, Medicaid Provider Exclusion and Suspension, and Dept. of Rehabilitation and Corrections background checks. Must be physically capable to lift, carry, and move children in a safe manner.
- Assist in the daily personal care of children enrolled in the childcare program.
- Implement and modify plans for children related to their individual needs.
- Assist in keeping records and documentation.
- Maintain discipline and child accountability on school/childcare grounds and on excursions in the community.
- Assist in developing and implementing instructional and recreational activities and daily routines for children.
- Interact and communicate with families at arrival and dismissal to assist with transition.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment.
- Maintain professional ethics in keeping with the confidentiality of information and materials.
- Demonstrate support of the program philosophy, policies, and procedures.
HOURS: Part-Time – 12 months, 28 hours per week (5.5 hours on Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs and 6 hours on Friday)
SALARY: $10.08 to $12.90 per hour based on experience.
Benefits include Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); paid sick, vacation and personal leave.
CONTACT: To be considered, please notify the Board of DD of your interest via cover letter & resume and/or electronic application:
- Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Lisa Brady @ Shelby County Board of DD, 1200 S. Childrens Home Rd., Sidney, OH 45365 firstname.lastname@example.org; and/or
2. Click on the link to our employment application, complete the information in full and submit electronically to the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider