NOTICE OF AVAILABLE POSITION
POSTING DATE: September 21, 2021 – October 1, 2021 or until filled
POSITION: Community Living Specialist
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or GED. Two (2) years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities. Experience working with minimal supervision. Ability to possess and maintain first aid and CPR certifications. Valid Ohio Drivers’ License with satisfactory driving record. Successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Satisfactory BCI/FBI and other ODoDD required background checks.
DUTIES: General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Focuses on assisting individuals with developmental disabilities in pursuing recreational and community activities that are important and meaningful to them.
- Reviews Individual Support Plans (ISP’s) to gather information to determine how best to support people in connecting with others. Creates, organizes and implements activities based on needs and desires of people served.
- Provides direct support, training and experiences for people served who are interested in recreational activities in a variety of locations, including residences, community partner locations and other settings.
- Works closely with provider partners to determine the need for in-home recreational activities and/or experiences and determines the best ways to support those experiences.
- Develops relationships with various community individuals and organizations to discover opportunities for connections for people served.
- Assists with set-up of transportation and support for individuals attending community events to initiate and foster relationships.
- Assists with the recruitment and/or training of volunteers for activities or events. May provide direction to or oversee volunteers and/or natural supports during activities.
- May provide assistance to the Shelby County Special Olympics Board in order to ensure that activities and events are held in the expected manner. This may include representing the County Board at meetings, facilitating activities or events, providing oversight at activities or events, providing direct support to individuals at activities or events.
- Reports all Unusual or Major Unusual Incidents following appropriate policy and procedure.
HOURS: Flexible 40 hour per week schedule. The candidate chosen for this position will provide individuals with disabilities opportunities for recreation and activities primarily during the late afternoon, evenings and on some weekends.
SALARY: $13.81 to $20.00 per hour, based on experience.
Benefits include Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); medical, dental, vision, life insurance; paid sick, vacation and personal leave.
CONTACT: To be considered, please notify the Board of DD of your interest via cover letter & resume and/or electronic application:
1. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Lisa Brady @ Shelby County Board of DD, 1200 S. Children’s Home Rd., Sidney, OH 45365 email@example.com
2. Visit www.shelbydd.org, click on EMPLOYMENT, click on APPLY ONLINE TODAY, complete the information in full and submit electronically to the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider