POSTING DATE: April 26, 2021 – May 6, 2021 (or until filled)
POSITION: Facilities Technician – 12 Month/Full-Time
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repairs. Previous maintenance and cleaning experience preferred.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and properly use a variety of tools and equipment.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Successful completion of a physical, BCI/FBI background check and multiple database background checks as defined by ODODD Rule 5123-2-02.
DUTIES: General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs duties required for the overall care, cleaning, disinfecting, and maintenance of the buildings. Ensures the cleanliness and sanitation of all Board facilities and maintains a safe environment within and outside all buildings.
- Performs minor electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and general repairs.
- Performs preventative maintenance to equipment to ensure longevity.
- Continuously inspects buildings and equipment for needed repairs or replacements and reports findings to the Facilities Manager.
- Prepares rooms and buildings for special activities as directed.
- Completes Work Orders, including repairs to fixtures and furnishings, as directed.
- Shall be available during emergency situations and respond to building alarm calls, mechanical failures, etc.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with staff and administration.
- Maintains professional ethics in keeping with the confidentiality of information and material with which he/she may come in contact.
- As an employee of the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities, the job incumbent shall comply with all policies at all times and shall demonstrate respect for, support the dignity of, and observe the rights of all individuals supported by the agency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 to $21.72 per hour, based on experience.
Benefits include Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); medical, dental, vision, life insurance; paid sick, vacation and personal leave.
HOURS: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday – 254 days annually.
CONTACT: To be considered, please notify the Board of DD of your interest via cover letter & resume and/or electronic application:
1. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Lisa Brady @ Shelby County Board of DD, 1200 S. Childrens Home Rd., Sidney, OH 45365 firstname.lastname@example.org;
2. Visit www.shelbydd.org, click on EMPLOYMENT, click on APPLY ONLINE TODAY, complete the information in full and submit electronically to the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider