NOTICE OF AVAILABLE POSITION
POSTING DATE: October 19, 2023 until filled
POSITION: Para-Professional (Floater) – Shelby Hills Preschool (all locations) (4 days per week / 30 hours per week during the academic school year)
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate. Ohio Department of Education Substitute Multi-Age PK-12 License or willingness to obtain (the Board of DD will provide guidance in obtaining the license if needed). Successful completion of a physical, BCI/FBI background check and multiple database background checks as defined by ODODD Rule 5123-2-02. Must be physically capable to lift, carry, and move children in a safe manner.
- Assists in the instruction of children with developmental disabilities in all the curricular areas as defined by the enrollee’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Also assists in the instruction of typically developing children within the classroom. May be assigned to work exclusively with one child if individualized assistance is necessary.
- Works cooperatively as a team with the instructors/specialists.
- Assists in maintaining discipline of the children so that consistent behavioral plans are implemented.
- Assists in maintaining order in the classroom.
- Assists preschool children in completing daily hygiene care. This could include diapering, restrooming, lifting and moving.
- Assists in planning, preparing, developing, and implementing instructional activities and procedures to attain individualized goals and objectives of the children.
- Assists in planning and carrying out field trips and serves on committees planning special activities as well as in-hours program projects.
- Assists in documentation of individual progress on the individual goals and objectives of the IEP; observes and records progress of children on graphs, charts, records, etc.
- Attends and participates in parent/teacher conferences, screenings, staff meetings, and other meetings as required. Completes all needed training for maintaining Step-Up-To-Quality (SUTQ) standards and ODE requirements. Attends conferences, in-service training sessions, and other professional workshops. Performs other related duties as required.
HOURS: Full-Time Seasonal – 9 month position during the academic school year.
The candidate chosen for this position will float throughout the Preschool Program either to fill in for staff that are absent or work one-on-one with children who would benefit from additional support. The candidate chosen for this position will be asked to float between all of the preschool locations. (Locations include: Sidney, Anna, Jackson Center, Ft. Loramie, Houston)
Schedule will be Monday thru Thursday – No Fridays. Work hours will depend on the location. (Examples are 7:30am to 3:00pm in Anna, JC, FL and Houston and 8:00am to 3:30pm in Sidney)
COMPENSATION: Pay starting at $12.03 per hour or more based on relevant experience. Benefits include Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance; paid sick and personal leave. Nine paid Federal Holidays and an extended holiday period in December.
CONTACT: To be considered, please notify the Board of DD of your interest via cover letter & resume and/or electronic application: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Lisa Brady @ Shelby County Board of DD, 1200 S. Childrens Home Rd., Sidney, OH 45365, email@example.com AND Visit www.shelbydd.org, click on EMPLOYMENT, click on APPLY ONLINE TODAY, complete the information in full and submit electronically to the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider