POSTING DATE: May 22, 2023 – until filled
POSITION: Part-Time Para Professional – Shelby Hills Preschool Classroom (Jackson Center Location)
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate. Ohio Department of Education Aide Permit or willingness to obtain the same. Successful completion of a physical, BCI/FBI background check and multiple database background checks as defined by ODODD Rule 5123-2-02. Must be physically capable to lift, carry, and move children in a safe manner.
- Assists in the instruction of children with developmental disabilities in all the curricular areas as defined by the enrollee’s IEP. Also assists in the instruction of typically developing children within the classroom. May be assigned to work exclusively with one child if individualized assistance is necessary.
- Works cooperatively as a team with the instructors/specialists.
- Assists in maintaining discipline of the children so that consistent behavioral plans are implemented. Assists in maintaining order in the classroom.
- Assists preschool children in completing daily hygiene care. This could include diapering, restrooming, lifting and moving.
- Assists in planning, preparing, developing, and implementing instructional activities and procedures to attain individualized goals and objectives of the children.
- Assists in planning and carrying out field trips and serves on committees planning special activities as well as in-hours program projects.
- Assists in documentation of individual progress on the individual goals and objectives of the IEP; observes and records progress of children on graphs, charts, records, etc.
- Attends and participates in parent/teacher conferences, screenings, staff meetings, and other meetings as required. Completes needed training for maintaining Step-Up-To-Quality (STUQ) standards and Ohio Department of Education (ODE) Educational Aide Permit requirements.
- Attends conferences, in-service training sessions, and other professional workshops.
- Performs other related duties as required.
HOURS: Part-time Seasonal – 9 month position during the academic school year Jackson Center Location – 4 hours per day, Monday thru Thursday only 7:15am to 11:15am (16 hours per week).
COMPENSATION: Pay starting at $12.03 per hour or more based on relevant experience. Benefits include Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); paid sick and personal leave. Nine paid Federal Holidays and extended holiday period in December.
CONTACT: To be considered, please notify the Board of DD of your interest via cover letter & resume and/or electronic application: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Lisa Brady @ Shelby County Board of DD, 1200 S. Childrens Home Rd., Sidney, OH 45365, firstname.lastname@example.org OR Visit www.shelbydd.org, click on EMPLOYMENT, click on APPLY ONLINE TODAY, complete the information in full and submit electronically to the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider