NOTICE OF AVAILABLE POSITION
POSTING DATE: January 23, 2023 – February 3, 2023 (or until filled)
POSITION: SSA (Service & Support Administrator) – Case management position that assists individuals with developmental disabilities in coordinating the services they may need to ensure their health and safety.
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required – preferably in a human services related field. Ability to obtain and maintain the certification requirements of the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD). (The Board of DD will provide guidance for the certification process if needed.) Excellent written and oral communication skills. Successful completion of a physical, BCI/FBI background check and multiple database background checks as defined by DODD Rule 5123-2-02.
DUTIES: General duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing individual needs for services.
- Facilitating the development of, and writing, Individual Service Plans (ISP’s); Coordinating ISP conferences; Coordinating changes and making revisions to the ISP.
- Documenting service dates, corrections, suspensions and disenrollments.
- Advocating for individuals with disabilities and their families. Providing and/or arranging training and support for self-advocacy.
- Assuring that individuals and their families know their rights.
- Ensuring that needed services are provided immediately on a 24 hour basis when an emergency situation develops.
- Facilitating the team process. Coordinating plan development. Assuring that the individual’s desired future preferences remain the focus of the plan.
- Helping to determine personal goals and objectives.
- Maintaining a database of community resources. Coordinating appointments with other agencies (Social Security, Human Services, Physicians, etc.) and providing transportation if none other is available, or if the individual needs assistance in sharing information. Completing paperwork related to service access and maintenance. Identifying service gaps and making adjustments accordingly.
- Reporting Major Unusual Incidents and/or Unusual Incidents in accordance with Health and Safety Rule 5123:2-17-02.
- Completing and submitting Targeted Case Management Logs. Assisting in the maintenance of quality review files.
- Documenting service delivery and maintaining data needed for Medicaid billing.
- Assuming other related duties assigned, including, but not limited to committee work, meeting attendance, participation in regulatory reviews and surveys and professional growth activities.
COMPENSATION: Starting salary range between $44,000 and $53,860 annually, dependent on experience. Benefits include Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS); medical, dental, vision, life insurance; paid sick, vacation and personal leave. Eleven paid Federal Holidays and extended holiday periods in July and December.
HOURS: 40 hours per week, generally 8:00am to 4:00pm. Schedule will sometimes require flexibility to meet the needs of the individuals we serve. Remote work opportunities available after initial training period completed.
CONTACT: To be considered, please notify the Board of DD of your interest via cover letter & resume and/or electronic application:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Lisa Brady @ Shelby County Board of DD, 1200 S. Children’s Home Rd., Sidney, OH 45365 email@example.com OR Visit www.shelbydd.org, click on EMPLOYMENT, click on APPLY ONLINE TODAY, complete the information in full and submit electronically to the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider