6 to HS Graduation
What DD Services are Available for Age 6–High School Graduation?
- Individualized plan
- Transition planning
- Autism programming and support
- Recreation & Special Olympics
- Employment Exploration
Eligibility for School Age Children
Eligibility for anyone age 6 and up is determined by completing either a COEDI or OEDI. Once eligibility is established, a person can request any of the services offered through the Service and Support Administration.
What Services Can I Get?
Services and support are determined based on the needs of each person and his or her individualized plan.
A Service and Support Administrator (SSA) is assigned to each person as his or her main point of coordination for services. An SSA is your trouble shooter, problem solver and advocate.
Through an SSA, an individual with disabilities gains:
- An Individual Service Plan that defines outcomes, services and supports needed
- Transition planning and support from preschool to school to employment
- Assistance with accessing benefits
- Assistance with IEP and ISP meetings for needed services
- Help with coordinating providers and waiver services
- Recreational opportunities
- Advocacy and more
How do I apply for SSA services?
Contact the Community & Support Services Department at 937-497-8155 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Every individual eligible, over 3 years of age, for Shelby County Board of DD Services can be assigned to an SSA, if you so choose. There is never a waiting list for SSA services.