Latest News & Events
Activities & Events
A FANS network is a group of people who are committed to enhancing the lives of individuals with disabilities. A community that works together and supports each other makes everyone’s life more fulfilling and meaningful.
How does the FANS Network work?
It’s EASY! Give me your contact information and I will inform you through monthly FANS newsletters. The FANS Newsletter will keep you informed of fun and exciting things that are happening, volunteer opportunities, and notifying if someone is in need of help or services. Some of the possible ways to help include, but are not limited to:
- Volunteering at Game Night
- Delivering donated furniture items
- Taking someone to a sporting event
- Donating tickets to Kings Island, the zoo, or other attractions
- Baking treats for families
- Cutting grass or doing light home projects
- Giving gifts during the holidays
- Giving music lessons
If you are interested in participating in the FANS Network, sign up or contact Jessica Guillozet, Community Connections Facilitator at (937) 658-6825.
Sign Up for FANS Network
Campaign for Disability Employment
The Campaign for Disability Employment is a collaborative effort to promote positive employment outcomes for people with disabilities by encouraging employers and others to recognize the value and talent they bring to the workplace.
Please contact us for information on how to volunteer with, mentor, or employ a person with a disability.
Enrollment is now open for STABLE Accounts – the nation’s first savings plan for people with disabilities. With the creation of a STABLE Account, eligible participants are able to save money, invest money and spend money on qualified expenses such as healthcare, education, housing and transportation – all without affecting participants’ eligibility for benefits programs such as Medicaid and SSI. For more information, download the STABLE Account Brochure.
Watch the Treasurer’s office’s public service announcement featuring Down syndrome self advocate Anne Gerhardt of Cincinnati and Ohio State Football Coach Urban Meyer here.
As a nut free facility, we would like to share this free safe snack guide with valuable information on foods that do not contain allergens. Since manufacturers change their processes and labeling all the time, it is recommended to subscribe to their email to receive updates on the information as it becomes available.
- Medicaid Waivers Brochure
- Major Unusual Incidents
- Service & Support Administration Brochure
- Preschool & School Age Services Brochure
- Complaint Resolution Brochure
- How to Become a Provider
- Choice of Provider Brochure
- Shelby County Eligibility Brochure
- Health Screening Information for Adults
- Rights of Persons with Development Disabilities with Pictures