NOTICE OF AVAILABLE POSITION
POSTING DATE: June 15, 2021 thru June 29, 2021 (or until filled)
POSITION: Preschool Supervisor (Early Childhood Special Education Program)
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred. Previous supervisory experience in a school setting preferred.
Ohio Department of Education (ODE) License required. Acceptable licensure types include:
- A valid administrator educator license and completion of at least four courses in child development or early childhood education from an accredited college, university, or technical college.
- A valid principal license for grades pre-kindergarten through grade six and completion of at least four courses in child development from and accredited college, university, or technical college.
- A valid intervention specialist license or education of the handicapped certificate with an endorsement in pre-kindergarten special needs or early education of the handicapped.
- A valid pre-kindergarten certificate or endorsement or an early childhood license with an endorsement in pre-kindergarten special needs or early education of the handicapped.
- A valid early childhood intervention specialist license.
Successful completion of a pre-employment physical, BCI/FBI background check and multiple database background checks as defined by ODODD Rule5123-2-02.
- Administers Preschool program: scheduling, supervision, discipline, rule compliance and recommendations for hiring.
- Manages staff evaluations, staff schedules and staff leaves.
- Responsible for contacting substitutes and ensuring adequate staffing.
- Coordinates student enrollment including; transition to kindergarten, screenings, multi-factored evaluations, individual education programs, and classroom assignments.
- Serves on Board committees as assigned by the Director.
- Acts as a liaison to community agencies serving preschool age students.
- Assists the Director in the development and implementation of the SCBDD strategic plan.
- Links parents to services via referral to the SSA Department.
- Acts as a special education resource for teachers and specialists.
- Responsible for Step Up to Quality compliance.
- Ensures licensure compliance in accordance with Ohio Department of Education (ODE) Standards.
- Coordinates summer programs.
- Manages day-to-day classroom issues, observations, planning and teaming.
- Coordinates curriculum development as it relates to the Core State Standards.
- Ensures regular staff meetings with Preschool staff.
- Serves on the Local Professional Development Committee.
- Oversees the typical program including, enrollment, classroom assignment and tuition.
- Oversees resident educator requirements.
- Develops in-service training opportunities.
- Reviews all Student Incident Reports.
- Assists in compliance with safety programs such as evacuation planning (fire and tornado drills) in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.
- Assists in the determination of delays and cancellations in coordination with the Director or Superintendent.
- In the absence of a school district representative, is authorized to act as the district representative, as per the interagency agreement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
HOURS: Full-time, 230 days – 8 hours per day, Monday thru Friday, August thru May. Flexible summer schedule in June & July.
SALARY: $42,265 to $68,890 based on education level and experience.
Benefits include Ohio State Teachers Retirement System (STRS); medical, dental, vision and life insurance; paid sick, vacation and personal leave.
CONTACT: To be considered, please notify the Board of DD of your interest via cover letter & resume and/or electronic application:
1. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Lisa Brady @ Shelby County Board of DD, 1200 S. Childrens Home Rd., Sidney, OH 45365; email@example.com
2. Visit www.shelbydd.org, click on EMPLOYMENT, click on APPLY ONLINE TODAY, complete the information in full and submit electronically to the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider