- When can I register my child for the 2018-2019 school year?
On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 6:00pm we will open the link on our website www.shelbydd.org. It is a Google Doc titled Shelby Hills Typical Application. You will find it under the Latest News & Events section on the main page of the website and also under Family & Individual Support – 3-5 Years.
Be sure to check compatibility with Google Docs. Use the Computer System Test link on our website Shelbydd.org – family-individual-support – 3-5-years.
- How do I register my child?
Complete the online application titled, Shelby Hills Typical Application, which can be found under the Latest News & Events section on the main page of our website and also under Family & Individual Support – 3-5 Years.
- What if I don’t have a computer or internet?
There will be a limited number of computers available at the Sidney center on April 3, 2018, from 6:00-6:30 pm. Call 937-497-8155 to reserve a computer prior to that evening.
- What information will I need to complete the online application?
Complete the Preschool Typical Application Computer System test prior to April 3, 2018 which can be foundon our website, Shelbydd.org – family-individual-support – 3-5-years.
All of the following information will be needed to submit the application:
- Child’s name and birthdate
- Parent/Guardian name, address and phone number
- An email address
- The school district that you reside
- Placement preference (AM or PM)
- Concerns for development
*** Please be careful filling out information correctly, if you update, your submission time will change. ***
- What if my child was put on the waiting list from last year, do I still need to register?
Yes you need to submit a new application. Our list is created from current applications.
- Who can I call if I have trouble with Google Docs?
Ensure your computer meets the System and Browser Requirements. If you then need further assistance, contact tech support @ 937-658-6773.
How do I know that my child’s application was received?
A confirmation will be sent to the email that you provide on the application.
- How do you decide who has been accepted?
- District of residence
- Order received- each application will have a time stamp
- When will I know if my child has been accepted to Shelby Hills Early Childhood or not?
Our program is fluid year round and transitions and kindergarten screenings occur in April. After this time we verify applications and letters will be mailed the first week of May.
- How many typical peers /children do you accept each year?
We are not a Pre-K program, but a special education preschool whose mission is to serve children with disabilities along with their typically developing peers. We accept children at the age of 3 in our program, which allows us to stay true to our mission.
Each class has the capacity to serve up to 8 children identified with a disability and up to 8 typically developing children, with a maximum of 16 children. The numbers we accept each year depend on the number of children moving on to kindergarten, or Pre-K at Jackson Center.
- What if my child does not get accepted into the satellite classroom? What are our options?
Your child will be placed on a waiting list and as the school year progresses and if a space becomes available we will notify the next child on the list.
We have 10 classrooms at our Sidney Center. We are more than happy to enroll your child to our Sidney center. You will need to provide transportation to and from preschool. We also have a Childcare on site. The Wilma Valentine Childcare is opened 5 days a week. For more information about the childcare, please call Nancy Stiefel at 937-658-6763.