NOTICE OF AVAILABLE POSITION
POSTING DATE: September 12, 2019 until filled
POSITION: Part-Time Para Professional for Shelby Hills Preschool Classroom @ Ft. Loramie
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Graduate. Ohio Department of Education Aide Permit or willingness to obtain the same. Successful completion of a pre-employment physical, BCI/FBI, Abuser Registry, Nurse’s Registry, Exclusions List, Sex Offender, U.S. General Services, and Dept. of Rehabilitation and Corrections background checks. Must be physically capable to lift, carry, and move children in a safe manner.
- Assists in the instruction of children with developmental disabilities in all the curricular areas as defined by the enrollee’s IEP. Also assists in the instruction of typically developing children within the classroom. May be assigned to work exclusively with one child if individualized assistance is necessary.
- Works cooperatively as a team with the instructors/specialists. Assists in maintaining dicipline of the children so that consistent behavioral plans are implemented.
- Assists in maintaining order in the classroom.
- Assists in planning, preparing, developing, and implementing instructional activities and procedures to attain individualized goals and objectives of the children.
- Assists in planning and carrying out field trips and serves on committees planning special activities as well as in-hours program projects.
- Assists in documentation of individual progress on the individual goals and objectives of the IEP; observes and records progress of children on graphs, charts, records, etc.
- Attends and participates in parent/teacher conferences, screenings, staff meetings, and other Board meetings as required. Attends conferences, in-service training sessions, and other professional workshops.
- Performs other related duties as required.
HOURS: Part-time Seasonal – 9 month position during the academic school year @ Ft. Loramie. Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs.
SALARY: $10.08 to $12.90 per hour based on experience.
Benefits include Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS); paid sick, and personal leave.
CONTACT: To be considered, please notify the Board of DD of your interest via cover letter & resume and/or electronic application:
1. Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Lisa Brady @ Shelby County Board of DD, 1200 S. Childrens Home Rd., Sidney, OH 45365 email@example.com; and/or
2. Click on the link to our employment application, complete the information in full and submit electronically to the Shelby County Board of Developmental Disabilities.