COVID-19 AGENCY UPDATE
As of today, 4/7/20, Ohio’s “Stay-at-Home” has been extended through May 1st, 2020. Here’s a summary of where we are today with the Covid-19 crisis:
- Our office is closed, but we’ve never been more available.
- Wilma Valentine Childcare is operating as a temporary pandemic childcare center for families that have parents who are listed as essential staff.
- Almost every Shelby County Board of DD (SCBDD) staff has been deemed essential, as are all Direct Support Professionals (DSP’s) who provide in-home care.
- Early Intervention staff, Shelby Hills Preschool Teachers, Service and Support Administrators and all supporting SCBDD staff are continuing support virtually.
- We continue working to attain Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and supplies for sanitizing in-home environments to distribute to DSP’s and SCBDD staff when it becomes necessary.
- We are working with the Sidney-Shelby County Health Department on prioritizing when to give out PPE.
LOOKING FOR HELP?
If you’re a person we support or the family of a person we support and you have a need or a concern, contact your Service and Support Administrator or call 937-497-8155
If you’re a DSP that can’t find coverage or needs other support, contact Amy Berger: 937-638-6870 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re interested in working with people we support during this crisis, contact Amy Berger: 937-638-6870 or email@example.com
If you’re an agency manager and you need help planning for a staffing shortage, contact Jeff Coaty: 937-869-1880 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about using Wilma Valentine Childcare through this difficult time contact Nancy Stiefel: 937-658-8434 or email@example.com
If you have other concerns or are requesting general information from the CCBDD, contact Jeff Coaty: 937-869-1880 or firstname.lastname@example.org